Other Reasons to Choose Me
Many people don't know that Colorado does not have any certification or training requirements for a person to become a mediator. That is why it is vital to choose your mediator carefully and to educate yourself on the credentials of any person you are considering using as your mediator.
I left litigation in 2001 to become a full-time family-law mediator, and have conducted over 4,000 mediations. I'm very experienced in the process, as well as the nuances that contribute to a positive outcome. Unlike many mediators, I am a family-law attorney who is active in the Colorado Bar Association (I've been on the governing council for the Family Law Section of the CBA for over 15 years). My Bio reflects my consistent involvement in many aspects of the family-law arena, which keeps me knowledgeable in the law and the issues. Here are a few examples of my credentials and accomplishments:
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2016 Denver Family Law Mediation "Lawyer of the Year"
- Selected as a Colorado Super Lawyer 2009 - 2020 and listed in 5280 Magazine
- Selected for Inclusion in the 2007-2020 editions of The Best Lawyers in America in Family Law Mediation
- Recipient of the 2007 MDIC President's Award for work done on behalf of the children of Colorado
- Contributing author to several Colorado domestic relations laws
- Testified numerous times in front of the Colorado Senate and House of Representatives regarding proposed domestic relations laws.
For my full Bio, please select the "Bio" tab above.